PUNTER (6030 / 228)
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY
Attending 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
43.9 Career Gross Average
Just 65 of 201 career punts returned
71 of 201 punts Inside 20 (35.3%)
63 career punts >50 yards(31.3%)
January 2016 -- We are happy to announce the signing of 2016 NFL Draft eligible Punter/Kick Off kicker NICK O'TOOLE (6030/228), out of West Virginia University.
Nick is playing in this coming week's NFLPA Collegiate Bowl All-Star Game.
In 2015, Nick was selected All-Big 12 (Second Team), for his 45.4 yard gross / 39.4 yard net average on 71 punts. Of the 71 punts, 26 were 50 yards or more (36.6%). He also added 25 punts Inside the 20, and allowed just 89 return yards on the entire season.
In addition to his punting, Nick worked hard to take over the kickoff duties. In 2015, Nick had 72 kickoffs, for an average of 62.0 yards per KO, with 18 TB, as the Mountaineers' primary kickoff kicker.
Season-by-season notes are listed below, and you can see various videos on Nick by clicking on any of the links on the right side column.
Please note that Nick has graduated from WVU and is not on campus this spring. Rather, he is working out at Michael Husted Kicking in San Diego, near his hometown of Corona, California. After the Combine, we are happy to work with you to schedule individual workouts in his hometown area.
Should you have any questions, wish to discuss Nick more fully, please feel free to reach out to us at any time.
Paul Sheehy, President/General Counsel
Warren Schmidt, Senior Vice President
- Named Academic All-Big 12 Second Team
- Had 11 punts of 50 yards or more
- Placed 24 punts inside the 20
- 41.8 yard average
- High average on the season was 45.4 vs. TCU
- Long punt on the season was 59 yards vs. TCU
- Long punt of 56 yards at Iowa State and placed two punts inside the 20
- Finished with seven punts for 318 yards and a 45.4 average against TCU. Day included three punts of 50 or more yards (55, 59, 50)
- Great day at Oklahoma State, placing a career-best five punts inside the Cowboy 20 with another two being fair caught. His day included two punts of more than 50 yards (56, and 51)
- Six punts vs. Baylor for 256 yards and a 42.7 average, with a long punt of 55 yards and three punts placed inside the 20
- Strong day in the wind at Texas Tech with four punts for 172 yards and a long of 51. Placed two punts inside the 20 at Tech and averaged 43.0 yards per punt
- Then-highest punting average of the season vs. Kansas with four punts for 181 yards and a 45.2 avg.
- Five punts vs. Oklahoma with a long of 52 yards and placed three punts inside the 20
- Four punts vs. Alabama for 175 yards and a 43.8 average, with a long of 58 yards and he placed all four punts inside the 20
- All-Big 12 Conference Second Team (Coaches, AP, Phil Steele)
- Finished with 73 punts for an average of 44.1 yards
- Ranked No. 15 nationally in punting and No. 2 in the Big 12
- Had 26 punts on the season of 50 yards or more
- Placed 22 punts inside the opponent 20
- His 26 punts of 50 yards or more were the most since Todd Sauerbrun had 33 in 1994
- Averaged 56.0 yards on three punts vs. Iowa State, including punts of 68 (career high), 52 and 48 yards
- 56.0 punting average against Iowa State was the highest game average for a WVU punter since 1957
- Averaged 44.6 yards on eight punts at Kansas
- Averaged 46.7 yards on seven punts vs. Texas, with a long of 55 yards
- Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Week (9/30)
- Eight punts vs. OSU for 357 yards and a 44.6 average
- Strong day in the rain vs. Maryland with eight punts for 369 yards and a 46.1 average
- Finished with seven punts at Oklahoma and a 45.3 averageand a long of 54 yards, while placing three punts inside the Soone's 20-yard line
- Averaged an impressive 50.5 punting average in his WVU debut, with punts of 48, 57, 56, and 60 yards
2012 (Freshman) - Fullerton College
- Played one season for coach Tim Byrnes at Fullerton College, helping the team to a 7-4 record
- Punted 49 times for 2,050 yards with 15 punts downed inside the 20-yard line
- Named to the 2012 Southern California Football Association All-Conference First Team